Thursday, July 26, 2007

Stump Pond Toys

And now for a completely different kind of toy from the last I featured!

Retired Merchant Marine Wyit Wright of Stump Pond Toys began selling his amazing wooden toys 25 years ago. Made from hardwoods without any harsh stains that could hurt the little ones, these toys are built to last! They are lovely enough to display on a shelf, but why would you want to? These toys are meant to be played with and withstand whatever abuse your active little one can put out. No worrying about little plastic bits or toxic chemicals in little hands or mouths.

Here are some examples of his work, but please visit Stump Pond Toys to see more of his collection!




4 comments:

pollyhyper said...

Someday, when I have kids, that's the kind of toys I want for them. Quality, safe, longlasting, no plastics.
Yeah, store that away for A WHILE in your mental database and you can host my shower!

Holly said...

Ha! Yeah, I'll try to remember.

bosveldr said...

Hi Holly, We homeschool in Tasmania, Australia. We came across a Stump Pond Toy design on Pinterest. My husband would like to use the design for a woodwork project for our children. It seems Wyit no longer has his Etsy store. If you have contact information for him, I would be keen to ask him if we could have a copy of the plan for the Sliding Sadie. Thanks so much, Ruth

bosveldr said...

*Sliding Sarie.