Saturday, July 14, 2007

Kimberly at Stir

I happened upon Seattle artist Kimberly "Ella" Van Dyke's website today, and I completely lost track of time looking at the beautiful things she does! In a room by myself I actually responded out loud to several of her pieces. Do I call them paintings? Photographs? Really, they're both. She photographs these amazing tableaux she has concocted of nudes interacting with back-dropped paintings she's done in homage to classical works of art in her Muse series. Be sure to check out her take on Bouguereau's Evening Mood. In her Blot and and Personification series the nudes themselves are the paintings. I was particularly taken with Cello, featured below.



And I promise that the fact that she and I share the same birthday has nothing to do with how much I love her work!

No comments: